Superintendent's Friday COVID-19 Update for Friday, October 23, 2020
As of this communication on Friday, October 23rd we have:
- 10 active positive cases (26 last week) among students (5) and staff (5).
- 11 staff members were quarantined (19 last week).
- 91 students were quarantined (210 last week) That is a 57% decrease from last week.
- A total of 112 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week.
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 114 out of 6,028 students and staff. This is 1.9% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of October 19th there were:
- 1,757 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (4% of community).
- 179 new cases (127 last week).
Lastly, please subscribe to our new district YouTube channel. We hope to achieve 1,000 subscribers so we can livestream on this new channel. Currently, we have 741 subscribers. Simply open YouTube and search "russellvilleschooldistrictnews" and hit subscribe.
This will be the future location of our regular monthly school board meetings, updates from the district, and other bits of good news about our amazing school district.
Please keep doing your best to keep everyone around you safe and please enjoy your weekend!
We are all Achieving Excellence Together,